These instructions show how to pack up a 'Cubs' 6-person tent
Click here to download these instructions as a PDF file.
Please make sure that the tent is completely dry and clean before packing it - if you need to pack it up wet then make sure it is unpacked as soon as possible and hung to dry before being re-packed. You should also make sure that the tent is folded in such as way that the 'outside' surfaces come together so that the 'inside' surfaces can be kept clean.
1. Lay out the fly sheet, full-length, folded along its ridge length so that the tie-downs are brought together along one side. Make sure it is completely flat and then fold both ends into the middle to make a rectangle as shown below:
2. Fold the ends into the middle and then fold in half end-to-end:
3. Lay out the inner tent and flatten the inside down smoothly by pulling it across one way then back the other. Try to avoid too many creases:
4. Fold each end over so there is a slight overlap of the ground-sheet in the middle:
5. Fold into 3 by folding over each end an equal amount. This will make the width fit inside the bag correctly:
6. Place the folded fly on the top - it should be the same width - and then roll tightly together:
7. Unzip the expanding base of the tent bag and then put the bag over the rolled tent. Once the tent is inside, roll the bag over and put the poles and peg bag inside:
8. Carefully zip up the bag and then roll it over again to zip up the expanding base: